Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stash Report Sunday week 2 2011

Stash Report 
Used this Week:         5.125yards
Used year to Date:     5.125 yards
Added this Week:       0        yards
Added Year to Date:  0        yards
Net Used for 2011:    5.125 yards

This week I worked on my UFO challenge #3. I put the blocks together; made rows and added sashing to make the center. Then I sewed the first border together and finally added both borders to finish the top. The fabric I had set aside for the backing was too small by 6 inches so I used another piecet. I am counting the backing today since it is going to my quilter. I will count the top and binding when it is done completely.
I also worked on my Swap block and my Bee block. I can't count either since the Swap block was scraps except for half of a fat quarter of grey and all the fabric for the Bee block was sent to me. Both blocks made me come out of my self-imposed box. The Swap block made me think; use computer; EQ7; and foundation piecing skills I hadn't used in a long long time. The Bee block also made me think since the colors or prints were not ones I would use ever! 
Thank you to both Kurt and Linda for making me think outside of the box!

9 comments:

  1. Cool blocks. Love the visual affect in the red/black and gray block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that quilt, how pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green blocks are very pretty. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green blocks! Good stash-busting week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green palms are going to make a great quilt. It sure takes a leap of faith to do a mystery quilt; I've never managed to take the plunge but all I've seen have been winners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I will only worry about the order when it comes in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for working outside the box!!!

    ReplyDelete