Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Week 9 2-21-11

This will be another binding week. I feel like I have been binding quilts forever - so far I have completed 6 in the last month. I only have 4 more to go! I will bring a couple to work on this weekend when I go to North Louisiana to watch my grandson play in a baseball tournament. WOoo WHo
Dottie's 5 patch
5 patch with borders
     I am also working on Magic 5 patch. I have enlarged the block to 16 1/2", added borders, and have a toddler quilt. My friend took the idea and made a smaller top for me to quilt. She bought stuffed animals to put in the pocket that is formed from the fifth square. She also made a wall hanging using 3" blocks. I will present the idea to the guild on Tuesday, since it is an easy, very quick quilt to do and could be completed for our Quilt Day celebration.
Lotto blocks
    Speaking of the guild, I have pillowcase(s) to make today. I forgot about them. oops, I will need to get to work on that since the meeting is at 9am. The fabric is ready - I just need to sew! And I need to square up Lotto Blocks. Dang! Something might not get done for Tuesday. Oh, that reminds me of something else I have to do-finish the Bee Swap block. 
One Fabric Quilt
     Today I went to a workshop on making a quilt from border fabric. The little bit of fabric I pulled from my stash about 2 1/2 to 3 yards is going to make a fair size quilt with very little waste. The instructors wanted to know what line the fabric was from but I didn't know since it had been in my stash for about 10 years possibly more but definitely not less. The more I worked on the project the more I like this pattern. Will I go out and buy more fabric to make it? Probably not but I will use it with the two other border fabrics I have in my stash. 
     Well, it is time to go bowling so I will talk at you next week if not sooner.
    Lator Gators. May the fabric you want and need show up in your stash as if by magic. Keep 2011 STRESS FREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment