Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Not a Twin!

Tumbler top is finished complete with mitered corners! 72 by 103. It is not a long twin b/c it fits from side to side and from bottom to top with under pillows tucking room on my King bed. 
According to my app it took 6 1/2 yards of fabric but according to my calculations, it took 6 yards -3 down and 2 across. The backing will take another 6 1/2 yards so I will have some great numbers to post Sunday.
  Now to get it to DD#1 for quilting by May. I think it will be a well loved graduation present. The next graduation quilt to complete is the one that DGD#2 has been collecting fabric for the last 6 years to make. A Halloween themed true spiderweb quilt-think Simply Quilts octagon quilt built log cabin style complete with episode taped and saved for reference. Hopefully, it can be done in twin size like she wants.
Lator, Gators! I have to go piece a 80 by 112 back. Think I will do it out of scraps with hearts sprinkled around.
Keep making Lemonade out of Life's lemons. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! and that was a quick finish. I sure wish I had a DD who had a quilt machine who could quilt my stuff. too late to start again, though, huh?

    glen

    ReplyDelete