Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 9/16/2012

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added in September: 0 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 81.75 yards
Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used in September: 0.25 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 127.91 yards
Stash Reduced: 46.16 yards
1 correct & tons of extra triangles
   I worked on my Paperweight project and quilting Saint Stars this week. I was trying to do Paperweight from a jelly roll I had, but it won't work! You need at least 2 strips of every piece and my jelly roll doesn't have 2 of each. So I would need 2 jelly rolls exactly the same. What you see represents 12 strips with only one correct (the top blue). 
     I will need to put my thinking cap on to get this one worked out so that there is not so many extras and more blocks compared to number of strip sets used. I think there needs to be 3 strips of color A & C, and 2 strips of color B. If you see smoke in the area of Lewisburg, don't worry it is just me thinking!
Halloween fabric on new ironing board
So I pulled out all the Halloween fabric and started sorting for the Wicked blog hop. I plan on doing two projects for the hop. First, a short demo on Sammie's Spiderweb quilt and second, a 12.5" block with raw edge applique. There will be lots of cutting going on in my studio!
    Mostly last week, I worked on Saint Stars! I am determined to finish it within this month. But I have been saying that for quite some time now. I get bored with the machine quilting, but the effects are fantastic!
Center almost done!
    Now that both machines are working properly and my new, bigger, better, ironing board is complete, my quilter's ADDH can run rampant. I have a project on the small BabyLock, Saint Stars on the big BabyLock, and cutting 2.5 by 4.5 bricks for 2 projects - Wicked block & KSQG Mystery quilt (will use my jelly rolls for this one). My cup is full.
    Glenda has been telling us all how great Green Smoothies are and last Saturday I had my first at her house. They are fantastic! 
This Saturday, I bit the bullet and bought a new and expensive for me blender - a Ninja. Then I froze some bananas and finally made my first ever Green Smoothie. It was easy and so so good. 
My grandson, Chris, drank a full glass and my son drank his little cup down quickly. Even DH like the sip he got! There will be more of these in our future since it is a great way for me to sneak vegetables into DH's diet. Now the real test will be if Spirit drinks or even tastes one! If she likes them, we are set b/c she hates all vegetables!
   Well, I am off to work on my projects! Lator, Gators! Remember If you don't mind, it don't matter so it is definitely Mind over Matter!

5 comments:

  1. You should not be getting bored any time soon with all the projects you working on - sounds like you are enjoying it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great smoothies out there with a lot of fruit that tempt kids. You can sneak the veggies in when she is not looking!

    I began to do my paperweights this way: I sew the 2.5 and the 2 strip together. Then I cut the triangle out imagining the bottom strip is on (but it is not). Then I take two half strips of center colors at 2.5 each and lay the partial triangles on to sew like I am strip piecing. You only lose a small triangle of fabric and I can get a whole circle out of one 2.5 and one 2 inch strip.

    Does that make sense or do you need pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh......congrats on the ninja. I have heard very good things about them.
    And no matter what, the smoothies are really really healthy.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting things in your post. First the paperweights - how neat is that! And the smoothies. Where can I get a recipe for a green smoothie? I'll be back and congrats on your numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have your plate full. Like what you are working on. I also recently purchased one of those great smoothie/grinder/do it all machines - A Blendtec and they have the most fabulous recipe book included. I will post later this week on all the good stuff I've tried. They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete