Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Love Made Me Do It!

Chaos after 2 days work!

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

DGD#1 has come to roost in our home. So I moved my studio from the largest bedroom to the smallest bedroom. My stuff just does not fit! 
After 6 days of culling
Dumb move? Well, there were apparent reasons and hidden motives behind the move.
     First, DGD#1 shops when she is stressed and between school, work, & her drama queen mother she has been stressed a lot. Who am I to judge since I shop/buy fabric & tools when stressed? DGD#1 has enough shoes to start her own shoe store & an outfit to go with each pair. The room was stacked with no room for people. The larger room has 2 large closets, a built-in dresser, and amble floor space!

     Secondly, I had gotten into a bad habit of putting fabric/tools into bins and storing/hiding them in the closet. Out of sight out of mind! You would not believe how much was shoved in that closet brand new! This move makes me cull my stuff. Me-new loves the chaos since she can climb and explore and find new napping places! I too am exploring bins of stuff I don't remember having! 

     Thirdly, this move gives us a guest room again! We don't get many guests but had no bed for them to sleep. DGD#1 understands that her room has to stay GUEST ready with floor space clear. 
    Fourth and most important reason, DH has to look at and deal with the overflow from my studio in the living room and den - floor and sofa space piled high! This has caused him to think about finishing the 32' by 32' addition attached to our home. He may be a horder but likes the common areas clear of extra stuff. I think that if it weren't so hot, he would be working on getting it ready! I think I will let it sit for a while to keep the idea in his mind!
Lator Gators! Me-new and I have more exploring to do!

2 comments:

  1. So now you have a room for me! LOL.
    I am glad you are able to help her. And get new space as well!

    ReplyDelete