Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cheryl Made Me Do It!

That's my story and I am sticking to it! 
I have been so good about not buying fabric unless I have a project for it. That went out the door Monday. 
     Cheryl called and asked me to help her with a project she is having difficulties with. Her problem is one of skill and refusing to use a rotary cutter. I went and ripped, pinned and cut new diamonds while she ripped, cut, and sewed pieces. At the end of the day we had 2 stars done. 
     At lunch, we went eat at my favorite place and then went to a friend's stash sale! Cheryl had been three times and knew that I loved batiks! 

     Two hours later I walked out of that house a $108 poorer and a 115 yards richer - mostly batiks. The friend had an accident about two years ago which left her unable to sew very much or very long. She and her husband have decided to down size so she measured and marked her least loved fabrics @ $1.00 per yard. 
     Those on the table are 2-4 yard cuts and those on the machine are fat quarter, quarter yard, and half yard cuts. Truth is I would have bought much more but I know deep down that I don't need the fabric and won't have the time to use it all in my life time! Now I really need to get busy and set up my studio properly.
Lator gators! Keep making lemonade from life's lemons. Saints play Friday!!!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment