Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Stash Report Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fabric In: 1 yards (Gifted Buttercup Fabric)
In October: 6 yards 
Fabric In YTD: 63.705 yards
Fabric Out: 1 yards

Fabric Out October: 1.5 yards
Fabric Out 2015:  61.705 yards
Stash Enhancement2 yards


   Thursday I did spend a few hours with Glenda and we cut binding for 8 quilts. She paid me with 7/8th yard of buttercup fabric. I see many more visits to her house to cut binding as she finishes UFOs.
After Glenda's, I went to my guild meeting and then on to DD#1's house for a mini retreat. We were suppose to work on Secret Sister gifts, but instead worked on various other projects.
Saturday, Dee quilted a guilt charity quilt project which I will bind. Then she quilted a baby quilt for me. Finally, she quilted one of her UFOs for Layla.
  While she did all this, I very slowly sewed phone holders and binding strips for 3 or 4 quilts. I also made a pillowcase to match Layla's quilt. Purple of course!
Sunday morning after a late start due to no electricity. I went into her studio and started cutting bricks from her scraps. As I cut bricks, Dee took the scraps I was making and cut strips and 2" squares and heaven knows what.
 We ended up making a small dent in her first scrap bin. She has over 4 more full bags of scraps. Very little gets thrown! She has bins of different shapes ready for use. This may be why she makes so many scrap quilts. I may have to take a page from her book!
As for the Secret Sister projects, we decided who would do what and Dee gave me a fat quarter to use.
This week has been very interesting. I over planned for it and didn't get to everything. This is normal!
1. I worked on the commissioned quilt but didn't get all the blocks finished.
2. I did not work on Bella's diaper bag at all.
3. I did however prepare several cell phone holders. While at DD#1's house, I sewed several together and stuffed most.
4. I did not work on kitting the Krotz Springs BOM blocks.
5. I picked up block #2 of the J&B BOM but did not cut the parts to kit.
6. I made 4 more Wild & Goosey Blocks and parts of 3 more Reva Blocks.
7. I didn't cut Churn Dash blocks at Dee's, instead I cut bricks and a funny shape from her scrap bin.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah, and ALL thos sashing strips at my house...........still amazing. Frank is even talking about it!

    ReplyDelete