Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Festival



A Conversation to Remember!  Kevin the quilter honored me with a few minutes of his time. He is indeed a great young man. He and his friend, Ann, and I had a great conversation! He is taking some time off and will be hosting his parents and extended family. I can't wait to hear about what he, his family, and his friends come up with this year.
Gustav the Bull! Stitch in Heaven had a great booth. They had fat quarters for $1. very hard to resist and I didn't!
      Another booth had fat quarters for $1 also and I got some there too. I also got a yard and a half of a odd flowered print. 
     I picked up a quilting system that may help me quilt my small quilts. Just in case I can't master it, I looked hard at a midarm with computer.

We also picked up new Kai scissors and DD#4 bought me the Kai rotary cutter. We also invested in Ruler Magic and a set of rulers to make scallops or rickrack.
  On Saturday, I had the pleasure to visit with Michael Young. He loves San Antonio and his new guild. I also tracked down Charlotte Angotti for a quick chat. DD#1 and her hubby joined us on Friday and Saturday. Well, not exactly. We met and went on our separate ways. They went to see the quilts and we went walk around vendors.
  My only negative comment is that I am a piecer of bed quilts not art quilts.  Too many of the quilts were NOT bed quilts. Too many booths were dedicated to jewelry, clothing, and embellishments. Each year this trend gets stronger and is taking over. I go to festival to see new techniques and tools for piecers and quilters. I may soon have to find a new venue to do that! Or just go to take classes.

But All in all Festival was a very pleasant time. 
Lator Gators! Keep making lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment