Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Stash Report and Design Wall

Fabric In This week: 0 yards
Fabric Out This Week: 0 yards
Fabric In YTD: 114 1/8 yards
Fabric Out YTD: 83 9/12 yards
Stash Enhancement YTD: 30 3/8yards
Fabric is being used but nothing is being finished so I stopped counting for 2016. 
                              Maybe 
2017 WILL BE THE YEAR OF FINISHES!
    Still Subbing! Saturdays are devoted to piecing and hubby since both get so little time during the week. This Saturday, I worked on 50 red quarter square triangles and 1 "Flying Home" block. Then DH wanted to go Christmas shopping so off we went! He got me an iRobot to help with the animal fur and an electric pressure cooker. Both will be sitting in their boxes until Dec. 23rd. I still have no clue as what to give him. 
          Design Wall: BH Leader/Ender project and "Binding Tool" Star.
My calculations showed that I need 108 quarter square triangles for the next row which will be double greens. Then more neutrals and then double blues and more neutrals. So I will probably need about 800 for the last rows which should be the red rows. Good thing this project lasts until June or July!
 I got bored making "Flying Home" blocks but not tired of blue. So a new project was born! Using "The Binding Tool", this star was made in a 2 hour period counting the cutting. It is almost mindless piecing - all you have to mind is which direction the points go. While the pieced star center is rather dark, I know having it quilted with variegate blue thread will lighten it up quite a bit! More blocks will be added to complete the flimsy. I see several more table runners and tops in different color combinations in my future!
Please let me know your opinion of both projects. I love Comments! 
Lator Gators.

4 comments:

  1. Your BH L/E looks great! Gosh, maybe I'll join in on that after all. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hourglass quilt. It is shaping up very nice. I have not forgotten your stuff. I am sorry taking so long. As soon as I finish mine I am going to quilt all of yours so you can have some finishes. Life is just so busy right now I can't get anything completed. Thinking I should move my machine to Houston and do my quilting there lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BH leader/ender project looks like fun. I really like the star quilt, especially if it is as fast as you say. That would make a good baby quilt in bright colors. Your Christmas gifts from your DH are fantastic. I would love an iRobot in my house. Hope it gives you more time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both project look pretty cool. I really like the Binding Star. It certainly doesn't look like mindless piecing.

    ReplyDelete