Sunday, July 30, 2017

Stash Report 7/30/17

Fabric IN This Week: yards
Fabric IN for July: 3 1/4 yards 
Fabric IN YTD: 44 8/12 yards
Fabric OUT This Week: yards 
Fabric OUT for July: 14 1/4 yards
Fabric OUT YTD: 45 9/12 yards
Reduction/Enhancement This Week: 11 yards
Reduction/Enhancement for July: 11 yards
Reduction/Enhancement YTD: 1 1/12 yard
    This week went by fast! I did not accomplish much in the studio. 
  DH hurt his wrist sometime Sunday while working on his car. Monday and Tuesday were spent sleepless and babying/caring for him.
   Tuesday we also drove to BR to pick up DGS#8 who never showed or answered his phone or let us know he was not coming. Needless to say it will be the last time for a long time that I drive that far just to pick him up. 
    Wednesday I took DH to the doctor since his wrist was still hurting and had swole up like a balloon. Doctor gave him meds and confirmed that it was a bad sprain. Meds will up his sugar levels so I  have to stick him every morning. UGH!
    Thursday DGS#9 and I retaped and painted the first half of the studio floor.  Hopefully, this time it will come out like I envisioned. Either way it is done except for urethane coating. We also went to his registration for Senior year. 
    Friday, I went with my crochet group to deliver the baby blankets and eat lunch. That afternoon, Addie and Mr. Antonio and I went to Little Mexico and had a couple of drinks. Good thing about those drinks is that neither of us were hurting as much. That night DH and I went to Lafayette to listen to a friend's band. Mr. Guy plays a "mean" electric guitar. We had a great time.
Sashing is too light!
   Saturday, I pulled up the tape and it looks so much better! So shiny and new looking. I just don't like the drastic contrast between the blocks and "sashing." Then DH and I went to get a dark urethane which should help decrease that drastic contrast. We had no luck finding a dark urethane at my favorite hardware store. After checking the prices of urethane at the big dollar stores, DH and I decided that it really doesn't need the extra coating. That half has been declared DONE.
   I also continued working on Ta-Ta's.  That night DH and I went to play Bingo with our Life Group from church.
   Update: DH's wrist is much better and we have survived me checking his sugar level every morning. It is still swollen but is better.
  Hopefully, today the weather will cooperate and DGS#9 can put up baseboards. Then I can set up my sewing area in that half while we paint the other half of the floor. DD#2 has the bright idea of painting a rug design near the door. We will see.
The studio is finally moving along!
Later Gators!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment