Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Design Wall

     As much as I  enjoy it, long term subbing can be physically, emotionally, and mentally draining until you get into a routine both at school and at home! Add in dietary changes and I doubt that there will be much energy/time for the studio until I get in the groove of teaching. However, I  do plan on some time in the studio!
Goal 1: Bindings on customer's quilts.  I was asked to machine sew binding on t-shirt quilt and 2 baby quilts.
Goal 2 BBSWQ (Blue Binding Star Wedding Quilt)-  Iron center seams and attach 3" border. Borders are cut just waiting. Delivery date to DD#1 is Saturday, October 28th.
Goal 3: BH Leader/Ender --  Continue trimming blocks, making twoies and fouries, and assembling last side.
    

1 comment:

  1. I will be having a routine change moving from the job site trailer into an office in the school. I am sure there will be some adjustments. I don't know how you machine sew binding on t-shirts quilts, but I sew the binding on the quilt as usual and then when I stitch the binding down, I use a seam ripper to hold the binding close and use a simple embroidery stitch to sew down the binding rather than a straight stitch. The embroidery stitch covers more area and doesn't have to be as exact as a straight stitch.

    ReplyDelete