Friday, July 18, 2014

Stash Report Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fabric In: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric In YTD: 65 yards
Fabric Out:  1 yard
Fabric Out YTD: 56 yards
Enhancement: 9 yards     
      We went camping so I missed last week's stash report but nothing changed from the last report.   
      This past week DD#4 and I spent our mornings sewing on various projects. I pieced together several "Geema 18" blocks and cut lots of bricks to do more. Also I spent time working on my English paper pieced diamonds handwork project and cut several more diamond shapes. 
       DD#4 finished her project and then we worked on a sample purse together. We used coffee themed strips that I had for bricks so I get to count that half yard. Then we used 4 fat quarters, cut into strips, to make a second purse for DGD#2. Only about 2 fat quarters were used and the rest went into scrap bucket but they came out of my stash as did the 1/2 yard lining. While she sewed on the strips, I finished putting the first borders on my muddy leaf quilt and began blanket stitching the stems. Then we worked on a sample bible cover. DD#4 and I always make a sample of each project before we make the one we really want to make. That way we can work out the bugs in the pattern and find our own short cuts. LOL
   We did really well until we couldn't find the black fabric for the straps so we went to the LQS which was closed. Never fear b/c there was another LQS 5 miles away. There we bought patterns and fabric. DD#4 came out with 3 yards and I came out with 9 fat quarters (2 1/4 yards). There was so much I wanted but restrained myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment