Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Love for Binding

Starting today, I will be binding quilts for a change. I love to put the binding on a quilt. Some people think I am being sarcastic when I say that but I am not.

The binding to me represents the transition of a project to a quilt. When it is done, the project begins a new life as a quilt. I love to think about all the adventures that quilt will have and I say a few prayers for the person who is receiving the quilt.

For example, several of the quilts I plan on doing this weekend are going to Haiti not as bed covers but as beds. Those already have lots of prayers for the survival of the person who gets each quilt by the ladies who made them and now mine will be added as I bind each one.

Then I will be binding the skull quilt. That quilt too has received lots of prayers for my grandson during its making. It has become my connection to him and binding it does not end our connection but strengthens it.

The second thing I plan on doing by Tuesday is make labels/squares for saints and ull. I just haven't figured out how to use my Baby Lock for that and sewing on bindings. Guess I will have to set up 2 machines.

I know that my eldest daughter plans on working on the midarm tonight. So I will have to go find all the pieces and directions for it. That will be interesting!!! More praying...

Well lator, gators. Have a blessed day and a great weekend. See you with my Stash report (added for a purpose) and Design Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment