The Wedding Quilt aka KS BOM:
The whole time I have been working on this quilt, I have felt like I take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Actually sometimes it felt like 3 steps backwards.
1) I got sick in August and did not piece another block until October.
2) I marked my blocks and accidently wrote on one block with permanent ink.
3) One block was put in the wrong place and has to be unsewn. I found it after the whole center was made.
4) I came up short on the background fabric that I needed to finish Border 2 and 3. Looked for it for over 2 weeks. I tore up 2 rooms including my studio looking for this fabric.
5) Border 2 pieces had to be ripped and resewn.
6) I was missing two triangles for Border 2.
7) Border 1 as red just didn't do it for the quilt. So I replaced it with a medium tan. In my opinion, the tan calms the quilt down.
It is my hope that my grandson's marriage does not have this many steps backwards. But for each block constructed and each time a step back happened, I said a prayer so the quilt is full of prayers not curses.
Monday, I plan on finishing the two side #2 borders and unsewing the offending blocks. Tuesday and Wednesday, I plan on putting on borders. Thursday, I have a guild meeting. Friday, I will buy the backing fabric. Saturday, I will deliver the quilt to DD#1 for quilting.
I am MOVING it FORWARD! Hopefully, there will be no more steps backwards and it will be delivered for quilting this weekend. It has to be at least quilted by February 27 for presentation to the happy couple.