Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

Sewing Finally

  I finally went into the studio. It felt so good to be sewing on my big machine again. 
Sewing Goals:
1)Gift/Charity Project  - CoziesBags, Towels, and Boxes - I cut the fusible fleece for the laptop bag. Then fused it down and finally stitched outside pieces and lining pieces of bag together. Next, I  need to quilt the flap, attach the three pieces together, and add the strap and hardware. Hopefully it will be ready this weekend.

2) a New Project  - Baby Bib & Hat  While I sewed on bag, DD#4 cut out the pieces for a bib and matching bonnet. She fused the fleece and interfacings to the proper pieces and pinned them for me. Then I sewed the pieces together. She turned them and ironed it flat. Not perfect but still good.  Saturday we will finish the set.  I will quilt the circles with a decorative stitch and make straps for bonnet. Then snaps and buttons will be applied. 
3) a PhD - Trash/Strings - Nothing done
4) Stalled Project (OMG)- Graduation Quilts (GQA[APQ #9] & GQC[JL #1])- No progress. Instead I worked on Wild and Goosey blocks.
5) Quilting Project - None this month.
6) Stash Management/Organization
  • Limit purchases Nothing bought yet!
  • Spend 5 minutes organizing Studio - took more boxes out of fabric room and swept.
  • Scraps - sorting scraps when Me-New is not using box or my lap as a napping spot.
  • Make fabric storage boxes - 
     in color of month - PURPLE Not yet
Use Stash fabric FIRST  - especially for UFOs and backs ☆
Other Goals
Health - 1) Appointment with Medical Oncologist on Tuesday 2) Move more. 
Visiting - This week I have spent time with DGD#2 while waiting for DGGS#2 to arrive. He keeps threatening but doesn't come.
House - Declutter one shelf in each bathroom. Not yet. 

Acceptance - Do what is necessary to get rid of cancerous growth. Yes, my team of doctors is forming and growing. I am mentally preparing for the treatment knowing My Lord has it all planned out.
Lator Gators! I am off to the Studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment