Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Stars from picture

     Today was a quiet lazy day!  I spent most of the morning waiting for the clothes to dry on the line while another load washed. Yes, the dryer is still broke and DH won't spring for a new set. I tried to explain that in the long run that a new set would be better than an used dryer only.  Here's my thoughts: DD Lisa's washer is broken so she comes to our house to wash...double wear and tear on our washing machine & DS Xavier J. comes wash and dry here too...more wear and tear on our machines. Then DGD Kristin comes in ever so often from college and brings her dirty clothes...again more wear and tear on our machines. Equipment breaks when so many people use them especially since some didn't know how to baby the dryer. So if we buy a new set - washer & dryer then DD Lisa can have our old washer and she will have a working set. DS Xavier J. can fix almost anything with his father's guidance so he could probably get DD's washer and our old dryer to work giving him a set. Then our new set would last a long time. I think my logic is sound but DH doesnt want to spend money on a new set. So I am hanging my clothes on the line. It has a few benefits: exercise, clothes smell fresh, and less electricity. I am just glad that the washer didn't go out b/c DH would probably have me using a tub and scrub board. LOL!
     The rest of the day, I spent trying to recreate a star that I saw somewhere and loved but didn't have a pattern.  It took me most of the afternoon to figure out the math for the pinwheel, half-square triangles, and flying geese, but I got what I wanted. It only took an hour to make the second mainly b/c I press slowly and took a root beer break.  
     Tomorrow is another clothes day...this time folding and saving. The Go cutter & my new dies (large tumbler and large drunkard path.) and charity quilt are calling my name too.  Next week we are going camping for 4-5 days so I need to put together kits to work on while there.  I also need to organize my sewing room hopefully before we leave. The twin bed that held all my projects has a new home with Spirit at DD#4's house. There was a lot of stuff on & under that bed that need new homes. I wonder if every one is as messy as I am when they sew! So much to do - what to do first!
Lator Gators! May the fabric you desire find its way into your stash. Keep 2011 STRESS FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment