Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stash Report Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fabric Used the Week: 0 yards 
(I was trekking from Arkansas to Home and then from home to West Monroe.)
Fabric Used in April: 0 yards
(Not a lot of sewing going on that can be counted. But I am working on things!)
Fabric Used in 2012: 35 yards
That's a bit over 10 yards a month.
Fabric Added this Week: 2.5 yards
I didn't buy a bit of it! I won 7 fat quarters and a Wee Play 5" charm pack in the Blog Hop Party.
Fabric Added in April: 2.5 yards
Fabric Added in 2012: 9.5 yards
That is about 2.5 yards a month.
Stash Reduction: 25.5 yards
That's about 6.2 yards gone from my stash a month. Whoo Hoo!

I spend the week traveling and cleaning when home. 
Sunday we drove home from Fort Smith, Arkansas. DH hurt his knee and couldn't drive and barely could walk so I drove the motor home down 71 from DeQueen, Arkansas. So I'm definitely happy we made it home safely.
Monday, I cleaned the RV and did laundry while DH rested his leg. Spirit came and helped me with taking care of him. LOL
Tuesday, I redid the block I made for the swap since Lorenzo made a mess of and on the first. I really like the way the block came out and love all the extras! See here.
Wednesday, we picked up quilts in Rayne for DD#1 to quilt; mailed the swap block off; & drove to Maurepas to meet DD#1. Spirit and I camped out in DD#1's camper for the night while DH drove home. He was walking much better but still not really well.
Thursday, we drove to West Monroe via Mississippi following people who think speed is a need. We drove to Choudrant where the JV played and lost to the other team. We ate at Hooter's and it was interesting to watch teenagers play like adults. Spirit & Donovan ate like there would be no food tomorrow.LOL
Friday, we piddled, went to WalMart, and then went watch the varsity win in a very badly officiated game. The coach from the other team was very vocal and got put out of the dugout but kept up the trash talking in the stands. Our coach also got put out of the dugout mainly because of our vocal fans. That umpire was extremely bad for both teams. 
Saturday morning, we watched another game with a very good umpire who knew what he was doing. He was very interesting to watch even when he got hit on the collar bone by a fast ball gone wild. Our team lost that game fairly. Then DD#1 drove us all the way home on the back roads. It was an experience I don't want to repeat! I kept my eyes closed most of the way back. That night DGS#2 met DD#3, DD#1, DH, and myself at the local casino and we played for about 2 hours.
Today, I woke up early; went grocery shopping;  and cooked for the extended family. DD#1 and DH had to put together the BBQ pit and then DD#1 cooked the meat while I prepared potato salad, green salad, pork n beans, and pea salad. Then she came in and made a green bean casserole. Add the garlic bread and the meal was done. The food was good and the company interesting!
After the meal, DGS#2, DD#1, DD#2, DD#3, and DGD#2 went to Lafayette for a bowling challenge between DGS#2 and his Papa. DGS#2 won both games! He is one proud turkey!
Now DH and I are resting from all the excitement. I love my daughters, but prefer to deal with them one at a time. When they are all together, things get too interesting.
Well, I am off to the studio to sew on "Halloween Graduation Quilt"; put binding on "Live, Love, Learn" & "Tumblers" which I got back from DD#1; and quilt a bit on "Saint Stars 2".
Lator Gators! Keep making Lemonade from Life's Lemons!


  1. What a busy, busy, week! Glad to see you guys home safely. Hope the knee heals! I am doing Phys Ther for my knee now, I understand!


  2. Charlene I was just thinking about you yesterday! It's just two months until Jerry and I head back to Louisiana - hard to believe the time has passed so quickly. I'm pretty sure I will be able to attend the day meetings of your guild in Lafayette in June and July - depending on the dates. I'm looking forward to meeting you and visiting your guild. blessings, marlene