Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Sad Tail

Wednesday, my hard-headed escape artist died. Lorenzo took out the door the minute DGD#1 opened it. Freedom! He would not come when called and ran for the pasture when she tried to catch him. Knowing that he would come back, she went in the house. Later she went to look for him before she left to visit friends. Last week Lorenzo took to racing cars. He would get in front of them and run until the end of the yard. We fusses and spanked and put him on a leash. We even decided to go Saturday to get electric fencing for the front yard. Now we can't! He found out what happens when a 5 pound dog loses the race to a 1 ton truck. He must not have lost by much since he was not crushed. I am sitting here missing my hard-headed little boy! My two yorkies keep looking for him as I do. No barking, no demanding my lap, no bringing of the toy to be played with, no snuggle. His life was eventful but short. Lorenzo took to traveling like a pro. He loved new places to explore. He could get himself in trouble with out even trying. He had his ribs crushed at 7 months. Holes from a bite at 11 months. Chased weekly by bigger dogs that didnt understand that he was king of the world. Dead at 17 months. My poor little boy! His only problem was that he would not listen and training him was difficult especially getting him to come to anyone I miss him so very much! Lator Gators.

6 comments:

  1. Oh....I am so sorry to hear about poor Lorenzo. He was a fighter, that boy was. I know the pain of losing them, they are so much in our hearts.

    Feel my arms around both of you. And know that you hurt this much because you truly loved so deeply.

    I know there is a large hole in your home.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still look for him. Stelly went outside this morning whistling for him and Lee. He kept whistling even after Lee was standing by this side. Need that hug.

      Delete
  2. Charlene I am so sorry about Lorenzo. Pets are truly part of our families and to lose one is so hard. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is very much missed by DH and Lilly and Lee and DGD#1.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Lorenzo. Memories don't replace, but good ones can make you smile and it seems Lorenzo gave you a lot to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie! I am so sorry!!! Sadly, I know what this feels like. I'll be thinking about you.
    Danielle Colvin

    ReplyDelete