Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Goals for 2014

At this time of year, we look back analyzing the past year to improve the coming year. Then we make goals for that improvement.
     My quilting goals for 2014 are easy:
1) I plan on completing one UFO(un-finished object) or PhD(project half done) every month. Completing means making the top with matching backing and binding. Hopefully I will be able to have them quilted too either by Dee or Belinda or possibly by me.
2) I plan on organizing my stash and tools and toys and machines so that they all fit in the space I have and not the space I wish I had. This will be the hardest of all my goals to achieve!
3) I plan on learning at least 3 new techniques including my journey into the worlds of scrap and modern quilting. I plan on sharing what I learn with others b/c sharing one's knowledge is one of the joys of quilting. 
     My personal goals for 2014 are rather simple: 
1) I plan on doing things to improve my health situation. 2013 has been a year of declining health. In fact I can't remember a month that I was feeling 100%.
2) I plan on stepping up and saying how I really feel instead of clamming up. In other words instead of letting the dirt bury me or flinging it back, I will shake it off and use it to step up out of the well! This goal will hopefully help my relationship with certain family members.
3) I plan on improving my relationship with my Lord. DH and I have decided that it is time for us to return to church going.
    Well, hopefully I will be able to carry these goals out!
Loki getting a push by Ama on swing!


Later Gators! Remember if life gives you lemons make lemonade!

1 comment:

  1. I need to sit down and think up a list of goals that doesn't always start with......I plan on going in and cleaning up my quilting room.........

    Much love to you, my friend, in this new year. Achieving our goals gives us satisfaction and doing it with friends and family gives us tolerance!

    glen

    ReplyDelete