When I was feeling able, I worked on the Krotz Springs BOM blocks. The first installment had the center medallion. Once I realized that there were no directions just cutting sizes and placement charts, I set to work. Sometimes starting is the scary part.
I made some design changes about color choices but love how my medallion looks.
Then I was ready for installment #2 which had three 12 1/2" blocks.
Block 1 was a bit scary but went together like a charm. Although, I did make some color changes that didn't work as well as I anticipated.
Block 3 was even easier. I even got the color placement as in the chart.
Block 2, however, had some serious faults since the size of M was not given and I had to use 5th grade triangular math to get the measurements. When that didn't work out even, I drew a 1/4" line on the square it went on and measured the remaining sides-2 1/8" square. It worked like a charm. I felt so smart like a REAL Piecer...you know the advanced group!
Fabric In: 2 yards
Fabric In May: 2 yards
Fabric In YTD: 33.83 yards
Fabric Out: 0 yards
Fabric Out May: 0 yards
Fabric Out 2015: 36 yards
Stash Reduction: 2.17 yards
For all intents and purposes, I seem to be going in the wrong direction lately. mmmmm oh well, Most of what I am working on is scraps so can't be counted till the top is finished or blocks given away or the BOM which has to be completed to be counted. Soon I should go in the other direction-hopefully. If not, oh well, I know I am using stash and not just admiring it.
Lator Gators! Don't let stubbornness keep you from doing what you should and must do. You pay for it in the end....Oh how I know!