Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Design Wall Monday May 23, 2016

t-shirt quilt
Bryan's Minion
Phaff system
Machine binding needs finishing
Scrappy binding
Background

Goals for May 23 to May 29.
1. Continue Machine binding of DD#1s quilts. (2) 
2. Machine binding of Green Zebra
3. Work on DD#1s Minion Quilt.
4. Block 11 of J&B BOM.
5. Hand bind table runner for DD#1.
6. Work on UFO Challenge APQ #7-Hand Binding on Soccer Beauty. 
7. Complete tying of PJ's Quilt(UFO Challenge APQ#1).
8. Put together shorten version of Phaff quilting system and clean machine.

9. Find fusible and make step 2 of Challenge.  
     Sunday was a really great day. I started the day way too early. DGD#5 saw a large spider in her room and killed it around 3am. She turned on all the lights in the house while dealing with the spider. Once the lights went on, I was unable to sleep especially since she didn't turn the all off when she went in her room again. I got up when the nerve pain in my lower regions became too great to stay in bed.
  Then we went to church where I got to meet the young man the t-shirt quilt was for while helping with registration at children's church. After church, we went to eat lunch. Wow, it has gotten too expensive to continue eating at that restaurant on Sundays. Then we picked up DD#4, got her lunch, and came home for a power nap. 
   After my nap, I decided to go sit on the stoop and do some slow stitching of binding. The kids across the street came give us a hug and cuddle. The mom came and wanted to help me bind so I got her a quilt of her own to bind. She has no English and I have no Spanish but we understood the language of piecing. Before she left, I lent her one of my sewing machines and an extra foot pedal. I love small kids but some need extra training. The two across the street have excellent manners but they were accompanied by a third who needs more home training. By the end of the evening, she went home crying because she was expected to share equally at our house. We are so unfair!
   At dusk we took DGD#5 home and went get something to eat. The pain was beginning to get the better of me. Until we came home from getting food, I had forgotten about it. I treat it as a "if I don't mind, then it won't matter." This nerve pain will not  get the better of me! I have too much to get done.
   This morning I woke up with less pain than I went to bed with which is always wonderful.
  Hopefully, it is a sign that the nerve pain is going to abate for a while.
  Well it is time to start sewing.

4 comments:

  1. Love that image of two women speaking different languages enjoying stitching together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy woman! So nice of you to treat all equally and let kids learn what is and is not expected of them at your house. They do seek and need boundaries. Hope the nerve pain does truly abate so you can continue to do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are hurting. hope it eases soon. you don't need that.

    I speak barely enough Spanish to get me into trouble! But it is fun trying. It must be daunting to move to a new country without speaking the language. And not expect the citizens to run you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been able to get a few things done. Hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete