Events like this flood put things in perspective. Color doesn't matter neither does economic standing...all that matters is helping someone else and yourself survive. WE might fight among ourselves but let something threaten our community, we band together as one to help our fellow Louisianans . This has been proven time and time again during this event!
Goals for August 15th to August 21st.
Handle life as it comes. No goals and no plans for this week other than surviving subbing, the water, and helping my neighbors who haven't been as blessed.
1) Time in studio.
Monday - 120 minutes
Tuesday - 120 minutes
Thursday - spent day helping Glenda
Friday - Spent day washing quilts and fabric
Saturday - Spent the day sorting fabric, washing, and drying fabric. Glenda's quilts are dry but not yet washed that will come this week.
Sunday - Church and then sorting fabric, and going to wash and dry them.
Schools here will reopen on Monday so no subbing was done all week.
2) Continue cutting and piecing fabric for Wedding quilt. I have to decide if I want to rip the 3 blocks I did incorrectly or adjust pattern.
3) Make stars for KS 2014 Mystery.
Monday - finished star
Tuesday - finished second star and picked colors for third
Wednesday - finished third star and picked colors for next two
4) Make at least 2 dark, 6 medium, & 3 light strata for Folded Fans for 2 dark diamonds, 6 medium diamonds, and 3 light diamonds. The difference between light dark; dark medium; light medium; and dark light is still giving me fits.
Monday - made 2 medium strata
Tuesday - made 1 dark and started 1 light strata
Wednesday - made 1 light strata and started second
5) Put borders on Belinda's Mom's Quilt top.
6) Cut triangles for BH 2016 Leader/Ender Challenge.
7) Complete block 12 of J&B BOM.
Lator Gators! Still too many lemons floating around in flood waters to make lemonade so just hugging my Sugar and doing what we can. Laugh when you can and cry when you must. This too will become a memory so find some good to remember.