Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Stash Report 12/24/17

   Yippee! I going to end 2017 with a reduction and I still have a week to go!
Stash Report
Fabric IN This Week: 3 yards 
Fabric IN for December: 3 yards
Fabric IN YTD: 75 10/12 yards
Fabric OUT This Week: 13 yards (1 yd tissue covers; 9 yards top; 3 yd of 108)
Fabric Out for December:  15.5 yards
Fabric OUT YTD: 95 6/12 yards
Reduction/Enhancement This Week:  10 yard
Reduction/Enhancement December:  12.5  yards
Reduction/Enhancement YTD:  16 2/3 yard
   Now it is time to start thinking about goals for 2018.  
Goal 1: UFO Reduction
  Some bloggers are doing the APQ UFO Challenge of 12 UFO's. I did that last year and got about half done. 
   Other bloggers are doing the 6 and 6 Challenge. You list 6 UFO's and 6 new projects to completely finish. A number is picked and you work on that project for the month alternating each month. I like the idea of alternating each month but hate having someone else pick for me.
  One blogger I read list 4 projects a month to work on and these can carry on to the next month.  She lists: 1) a UFO; 2) a New Project; 3) a Handwork Project; 4) a Quilting Project.
   I think I want to do a modified version of this. I would list each month 6 items I want to advance: 
1) a Stalled Project (this would be a project I no longer want to work on.); 
2) a PhD (a project that is half or more done); 
3) a Quilting Project ( I do the quilting.) 
4) a Gift/Charity Project (Something I give to someone else.); 
5) a New Project (something brand new) 
 Goal 2:  Stash Organization
  1) Scraps: I bought a Go!Big and have decided to start cutting my scraps into different sizes. If it is too small to be cut, then it needs to go into the strip box or in the cat bed box. As I cut fabric I can organize it by color making it easier to see what I have and what I don't!
2)  Color: a) I want to organize my yardage by color.  DD#1 has hers done that way and I like it alot. Since I have an area desinated for fabric and bookcases, it is time. b) This year I want to do the color of the month challenge. Now I just have to pick a pattern to use.



1 comment:

  1. I actually got more finished than I started. That feels good!

    ReplyDelete