Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Post a Day Keeps the Blues Away! Day 4

      My blood pressure has stablized in the 102 range w/o the meds. Losing that weight made a big difference as we knew it would! My daughters all think I have lost too much. Since 2009, my weight has been over 220 and my hair grey so that was their norm for mom. 
      This afternoon includes another doctor's appointment. Hopefully, it will be the good news that my platelet count went up. I have been eating beef, beef liver, and taking B12 to help. Until the count goes up, chemo can not resume.
    Beef on a daily basis was slowly removed from my diet years ago due to cholesterol counts. Now I prefer turkey, chicken, seafood, and veggies mostly veggies. Eating beef for least 2 meals a day was difficult. If I need to eat beef more often, a few bites of a medium rare steak is the way to go. The rest of the steak can be chopped up and put in homemade vegetable beef soup. Eating the liver was not difficult at all! I love liver of all kinds.
   Yesterday, after my appointment with Dr. K, I tried on wigs. DH vetoed all the red ones except 1 which was mixed with grey. DD#3 agreed with him. All the ones we tried were short and he didn't like the length either so we go back on the 17th to try on lighter wigs mixed with gray and shoulder length. So by Christmas, I should have hair to wear!
     Finding joy and laughter in every day experiences makes this journey easier.
     Charlene

1 comment: