Pages

Friday, December 14, 2018

DAY 14: A Post a Day Keeps the Blues Away

Side effect of Chemo
     Yesterday was a Chemo day from 8am to 2 pm. It was after 4pm when we got home. How did it go? I don't know b/c as usual I slept through it and woke up at 1pm. Now we wait to see how it affects my body - fever, low bood counts, low platelet count, and bone pain have all happened in this round of Chemo. Hopefully, everything will stay normal this time with an even lower dose.
               15 Minute Challenge:  
12/1 - 12/14                    12 of 14 days
    Piecing                        Done 
    Preping/cutting         Done 

December Total                 12 of 31 days

     DD#4 came over and helped me with online ordering of presents from Quiltville, Best Buy, and Groupon. DH and I only gift to grandchildren 21 and under who visit here. (I don't mail gifts!) Now to make card holders and lip gloss holders as extras.
     CLUE 4 is right up my alley - papered strings. My DD#4 went in den and could only find me 5 different orange scraps. There are more hiding somewhere but she was in a hurry to get home to take a nap before work. Those 5 will do to start. Then as found the others will be added! 
    Strips cut; paper sized; leader under needle; and ender ready so piecing time!
Update:
    I ran out of bricks, squares, strips, and strings for clues 2 - 4. Also my shade selections were getting limited. So I popped open one of DD#1's scrap bins I have here for work on string projects. That bin was medium size and stuffed with fabric. I ended up with a box 24" by 15"by 8" filled to the brim and the original bin full of reds, greens, oranges, and neutrals. DD#4 can really stuff a bin better than I can! A visit to either the LQS or the Studio is no longer needed since there are 3 more bins to go thru. I'm one lucky lady!
Piecing and PUSHing, Charlene



2 comments:

  1. I went to look for some oranges at our local quilt shop and there were precious little. So glad you found DD1's stash scraps! I did get a bit of 3 orange solids that will have a decent match. I forgot to bring my fabric card pieces to compare …...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop stressing over this. It is suppose to relieve stress not add to it!

      Delete