Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

DAY 19: A Post a Day Keeps the Blues Away

   Yesterday, DD#1 went fabric shopping for me. Either she is not a scrappy quilter or we had misunderstanding about color and amounts. I asked for bright blues, greens, and oranges. She brought home darks, some neutrals, and a couple of brights. Miscommunication! She was trying to use just sale fabrics, I think! The 3 oranges, blues, and greens will definitely go in BH's Good Fortune. As for the lighter blues, I am not sure.
   
                       Life is good!
PROGRESS on GOOD FORTUNE
CLUE 1:  110    4 patches             GOAL 120
CLUE 2:    40    HST                       GOAL 126
CLUE 3:      5    Half Chevrons      GOAL   50 
CLUE 4:     18   String pieced       GOAL   48 
                         ------------------------
15 Minute Challenge:  
12/1 - 12/19                    17 of 19 days
    Piecing                        Done
    Preping/cutting         Done 
December Total              17 of 31 days
       
     Today I finally warmed up! I was hurting but not what I call real pain just irritation.  So I  cut and pieced orange strings until the nurse came and then again until DD#1 came. 
    After I ate a bowl of banana pudding DD#1 brought me, I felt so good that we went to J & B Quilt shop to get a better variety of blues, greens, and oranges. Now knowing my daughter as I do, I should have known better. 2 hours and $190 later, we were done. It was too much at one time so I got overtired and developed a slight fever. But I now have a great variety for BH's Good Fortune.
   Tomorrow I  will work on finishing the red/neutral 4 patches and more orange string blocks. Also I plan on cutting green bricks and neutral squares so I can begin working on more chevrons. Big plans all depending on recovery from getting overtired.
     I am now going to go rest. Still Pushing.
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment