Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Today has been an interesting day. This morning I was really in the groove. I did all but one of the ULL labels/blocks. Instead of doing them in 10/12" only, I did 4" and 6" and 8" sizes. They all came out rather well. The only one I have left in that set is "Ragin' Cajun" and then I have to do the set for the Saints. I am working on my prices but think they will be $2, $3, $4, & $5.

My oldest called and gave me double bad news: My favorite LQS is closing for health reasons. This makes me sad because the two ladies that ran the shop have become special to me. I hate thinking that they are too ill to do what they love and they did love their shop. I would drive over 70 miles because of the atmosphere of their shop. I will miss going there and visiting with them. So sad. My stash will blow up since they are putting fabric on sale at 50% off and there are a few pieces I have been eyeing for a while.

After that my husband and I went to Lafayette to bring my third daughter's computer to the geeks. I hoped that it was only the power supply but the mother board was fried. So I had them transfer her data to an external hard drive. She can pick out a new computer when she goes pick up the drive.

My husband and I went to Olive Garden and had a wonderful lunch...soup for him and salad for me. We talked about things going on in our life and the things that were coming up on Friday and Saturday.

When we got home, I went take a nap so that I can be ready for my "walk/HIKE" with Spirit and the crew. The new scale Pape bought last night does not show a reduction compared to the doctor's scale. I am not giving up because I know that my calories in have been decreased while my calories out have been enormously increased. After all, muscle weighs more than fat even though it takes less room. My clothes are fitting better so I will not even worry about the scale yet. LOL

Well, time to go awalkin', Lator, Gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment