This week and weekend have been very busy. We came back from camping on Tuesday. I washed, dried, and folded clothes on Wednesday. Thursday was birthday of grandson so off to the movie with him, daughter, and various grandkids. Friday I cleaned the RV. Saturday and Sunday we spent in Houma, La. bowling. Actually, Pape (DH) bowled (over 21 games in a 48 hour period - the man forgets that he is 72 years young.) and I cut fabric and read in the camper. I love my RV. It is small enough to go anywhere even a bowling lane parking lot and big enough to be very comfortable.
Last week (while camping)
Added This Week: 6 yards (sashing and blocks for Be There or Be Square BOM)
Added YTD: 87.5 yards
Used This Week: 12.12 yards (strips, headbands, etc)
Used YTD: 48.25 yards
Net Stash Busted: -39.25 Yards
This Week (while camping and bowling)
Added This Week: 0 yards
Added YTD: 87.5 yards
Used This Week: 25.25 yards (strips)
Used YTD: 73.5 yards
Net Stash Busted: -14 yards
New Project Process:
Identified Need: I need something to go outside of the camper door that does not hold water nor is harsh to my bare feet.
What to use: So what do I have around the house that I could recycle -- mmm. A church is cutting up plastic bags and crocheting them into mats for the homeless. Plastic bags are free, waterproof, and heaven knows I get a million of them. But I can't crochet worth a darn. But I do have 2 twining frames (window frame). So if I can weave fabric strips then maybe I can weave plastic strips. My two frames are large so off to the lumber yard where Pape buys me wood and L brackets. ( I did some reading and I may not use brackets. It said that you could screw the top & bottom braces on the side braces allows you to change the size of your frame easier.)
What Now: I am constructing my small frame using nails and screws and eyes to use with plastic. I am cutting plastic bags into strips using a method I saw on a blog - partial cuts 2" across bag then diagonally connect.
Also: I am using the container of strips to make a rug or three for my camper floor since I do not like the rugs we have now. So I will have one small frame of plastic and a large one of fabric. If the plastic strips work, then I will try one on the large frame.
Next post I will show the cutting process and my newly constructed frame.
Well, my walking crew has arrived so Lator, Gators.