Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November 30 =Last day of NaBloPoMo

Today is DH's second birthday. He is so special he gets two b-days and I am again letting him sleep in while I sew on my DPQ. I put two of the last borders on this morning and have decided that I made the right choice with this border. Now if I can just figure out how to fix the ends. LOL.

Update (12/1): I figured out how to do the ends... giggling. My DD#1 worked so hard to learn to miter borders and I am so proud of her. I love the look of mitered borders but hate to to it b/c I have to think to do it. So I made corners that look mitered but aren't for the DPQ. Borders have been put on and the binding has been started. All I have left to do for this quilt is hand-sew the borders and create & sew on the label.

Honestly, it wasn't hard just labor intensive at a time when my body wanted to just chill. Art Rightus is still with me in my hands, hips, and back. He brought a few other friends to play too like Rases and Conti Pasion. None of them wanted to work on a quilt so it was slow going, I had to set my timer and force myself to work for 30 minutes at a time with a 15 minute break between sewing sessions.
But the good news is that it is finally done. So I am off to sew the binding on DPQ and the binding on Wonky Jungle Love that DD#1 quilted for me. Then it is time to work on Saint Stars which has been ever so patiently waiting to be finished.

Lator Gators! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment