Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stash Report Sunday September 9, 2012

Fabric Added this Week:  0 yards
Fabric Added in September: 0 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 81.75 yards
Fabric Used this Week: 0.25 yards
Fabric Used in September: 0.25 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 127.91 yards
Stash ENHANCED: 46.16 yards
  The last 3 weeks have been very interesting with very little sewing being done. 
   First, Isaac came to visit with lots of wind and very little rain. Secondly, my big BabyLock decided not to sew. It wouldn't catch the bottom thread. I cleaned it and babied it, but to no avail. This stressed me out more than Isaac! 
   Then, while this was happening, I got shingles (a very painful disease that hits when you are stressed - go figure) on my buttocks! There was literally no position that was comfortable. I spent lots of time lying down dopey with pain pills trying to survive the pain. Meds finally starting working on Tuesday after a week and a half of extreme pain. I pity my loving DH b/c I am not nice when I hurt and I nap constantly!
see the error
Bonus block 
   By Thursday, I tried to make my swap block but cut one section incorrectly. So I redid it. After the block was together, I noticed that I make another goof by using a different background fabric. So that block will join my orphan block stash and I will try again. 
     That afternoon, DH and I made the trip to Baton Rouge for the River City Guild Meeting. I had supper with friends in a very hot restaurant and then on to the very hot guild meeting. Karen Stone spoke and she is one fantastic speaker and quilter who didn't mind the heat. 
  Friday, I decided that I would leave early and bring my big BabyLock to the doctor in BR, but first I would give it another complete cleaning and more TLC. I guess it didn't want to go to the doctor b/c it started working perfectly when the second cleaning was done. 
   Glenda offered me a bed at their home so that I wouldn't have to travel before dawn on Saturday morning. I left early Friday afternoon so that Glenda and I could spend time working on Paper Weights before we all went to supper.  But it literally took 5 hours to get to their house...the last 3.5 hours to travel less than 25 miles. There was an accident on the old BR bridge and it was bumper to bumper traffic to the new bridge and beyond! I got there about 20 minutes before it was time to leave for supper. I hate traffic so this was stressful again. Hopefully the shingles won't make a reappearance!
  Saturday, Glenda and I went to the Karen Stone class. Dopey me left my power cord and presser foot in Lewisburg. Again Frank and Glenda came to my rescue! Glenda had her mother's old Brother machine and the parts fit my BabyLock. Frank brought the machine to the class site w/o complaining about having to stop what he was doing. Such wonderful friends!
  THE CLASS WAS FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed it. A spiral New York beauty is the only way I can explain it. I almost finished the block - I needed invisible polyester thread and only had nylon. Now I just have to sew the raw edges and apply my rick rack.
     Glenda and I left at 2:30pm - she had to pick up an abused dog  to foster back to good health and I wanted to watch the LSU game with DH. I made it home; took a nap, then went with DH to watch the LSU game in the time it took on Friday to go from bridge to bridge. A great ending for the day!
   Today, my plans are to wash bed clothes; cook chicken; watch the Saints game; and sew on Saint Stars.
Lator Gators!

1 comment: