Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

THOUGHTS AND WONDERINGS

Warning...
My thoughts and wonderings are like the dreary weather outside.
Outside my window ...wind and soft rain with more wind and heavy rain predicted.
I am thinking...my life is never dull. Yesterday there was a scary trip to the ER with DH instead of a trip to JoAnn's and Office Depot. All I wanted to do was panic, cry, and demand when it was best to be calm, peaceful, and quiet while listening to gain knowledge. You must gather information before calling family so answers are available for questions they will ask especially if it is not a "hurry up and come" situation. I knew that it was going to be ok when DH started wisecracking with the paramedics - "How old are you, Mr Stelly? The same age I was when I woke up this morning. Mr Stelly, are you sure you are 77? You don't look that old. Oh where is my wallet so I can pay you for that compliment."
I am thankful...for the staff at Applebees in Lafayette for their quick response to DHs episode. They took care of him, me and DD#4 who was freaking out. By staff, I mean everyone who worked there came to help from managers, hostess, waitresses, bartender,  and kitchen staff even customers. I tear up when I think of how much they did for us! The managers even sent a waitress who was a friend of DD#4s to drive us to the hospital. If ever you are in Lafayette, Louisiana, please eat at the Applebee's on Johnson. The food is excellent and the staff is beyond helpful!
I am remembering...patience is a virtue I do not have or plan to cultivate. Drama Queen called DGD#1 yesterday before she actually knew what was going on and upset DGD#1 so much that the child drove in bad weather from BR to Lewisburg to check on her "dying " grandfather. That woman can take misinformation and turn it into the doomsday bomb.
I am listening to...wind blowing the door and one lone bird telling the other that it is safe. Ha little does he know!
I am going...to spend the predicted rainy days in my studio getting ready for the craft/yard sale on the 19th.            
    
I am hoping...the doctor finds that yesterdays episode was the result of meds. All the tests were negative - not heart, not head, not lungs, and not blockage so it was not a physical problem. So all that is left is a reaction to meds. I am also hoping that the Lord continue giving me an abundance of patience. So far He has but it was close for a while there. LOL  
I am looking forward to...my DGS#2s wedding at the end of the month. He is marrying a beautiful young woman and becoming a father is a great little girl. 
                                                                                       One of my favorite things...sitting outside watching the birds sing. It is so peaceful and calming to do so. It helps me put my mind and feelings under control and in order.                                                                                                                                              I am wondering...is the rain going to be as bad as they have predicted or did it pass us by. I am hoping all the storms pass us by while not hitting any other area.

I need...to cut my backyard before it gets too high. My DGS#9 hasn't been able to be available after school to cut it all winter. The blood weeds are getting too high again.
I am sorry...for ranting and being so negative today. Please forgive me. 
                     Just thoughts and wonderings

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for kind people who help you when you need it! I am so sorry you had to go through all that. Hoping for good news.

    Love you Stelly!

    ReplyDelete