Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stash Report and Progress

Stash Report
Fabric IN This Week: 0 yards 
Fabric IN for December: yards
Fabric IN YTD: 72 10/12 yards
Fabric OUT This Week: .5 yards
Fabric Out for December:  0.5 yards
Fabric OUT YTD: 77.5 yards
Reduction/Enhancement This Week: 0.5  yards
Reduction/Enhancement December:  0.5  yards
Reduction/Enhancement YTD:  4 2/3 yard
  Progress was made! Both projects I  worked on came from the scrap bin. 
  Although it was very cold in the Studio (and puppies kept attacking my door and distracting me. By the way they make wonderful feet warmers!), I completed one of the Christmas presents or at least a version of it. It took one 14 inch and three 12 inch squares which is probably more than a half yard. (The piece I used was 1.5 yards long and 15" wide. All that is left are true scraps.)

As leader and enders, I made tissue holder covers for the students which take a 5.5" by 6.5" rectangle and a 5.5" by 7.5" rectangle. These take more time to find fabric and cut out than to sew. I plan on going back this afternoon to make more. I need at least 40.  I am thinking about setting up a cutting and sewing station behind the sofa so I can be warm as I sew.
Goal 3: Embroidery station - waiting for machine to return. 
Goal 4: UFO's-Trash/Strings - I  put together 2 halves-more string blocks are needed. Hopefully this will become a flimsy by end of January.
 KS BOM 2014 - The blocks are on the design wall but may be there until March waiting for sashing.  
DD#1's bow tie blocks - None were made instead I did tissue covers. (Gosh- the bow ties are tiny!)
Goal 1BH Leader/Ender -- I decided to get 108" muslin from JoAnn's for backing and put a design on back with heart cut outs with the label inside.
Goal 2: Bindings on customer's quilts.  DONE! Still need to deliver two.
One week left of subbing and then 3 half days. Then back to sewing. Hopefully it won't be too cold to sew in Studio in January and February. If it is, I  will go back into den!  I have two graduation quilts to design and make for May. BH's Mystery quilt may become one since the clues are not that difficult YET!
Lator Gators! 

1 comment:

  1. busy woman! Those are great presents for your students. Will you be teaching in the new year?

    ReplyDelete