Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Stash Report 8/26/18

Fabric IN This Week: 0 yards 
Fabric IN for August: 0 yards
Fabric IN YTD: 17 1/6 yards 
Fabric OUT This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Out for August: 0 yards
Fabric OUT YTD: 6 1/6 yards
Reduction/Enhancement This Week: 0 yard
Reduction/Enhancement August: 0 yard
Reduction/Enhancement YTD11+  yards if you count scraps. I'm not because I want to compare how much I bought this year to how much I used! Scraps are free fabric no matter where they came from since most are rescued from trash. Now they are going to be part of a beautiful quilt with left-overs going into dog beds.
  Dorothy gave me 4 boxes of strings and pieces to help with my 2 string piecing projects. She also sold me a treadle machine in a parlor cabinet with the understanding that it later goes back to her. Silly child - all my 1960 and earlier machines will go to her while those from 1965 to my passing go to DD#4 to share as she wishes.
 Hopefully, the red wedding quilt will be quilted soon and I will be in the black by year's end. 
My projects are all long term projects using scraps and strings.
1. Gift/Charity Project - Fabric Wallets for DD#4 and DGS#8. Four 6" squares per wallet with leftover string. 2 done and 1 cut out. 
2) New Project (SQUIRREL)  - Piccadilly Circus by Kelli Hanken and Jo Kramer. One 12" red, white and blue block made.  I think I want to make a block for each month. September - leaves with olive greens and browns; October - oranges and Halloween; November - turkeys?; December - Christmas; January - snow flakes and  snowmen; February - hearts; March - kites; April - umbrellas; May - flowers; and June - grass and/or water. Another possibility is centers with pictures of family members.
4) Stalled Project(s)  - Boxes of Strings by The Electric Abuela: 16 blocks made. On hold until more papers and black triangles are cut. Loosey Goosey 3" blocks: 2 blocks made! Need to print paper piecing units. 
6) Stash Management/Organization
  • Limit purchases -Use Fabric Stash FIRST for all projects.
Health   I went in for a biopsy on the 16th, I go in for results and future treatment plans on  the 27th. I like this new lady doctor better than the rush rush male doctor. 


My brain is already thinking of things I  want to do as you can see. I am indeed a "Sewciopath" to the 9th degree.



 Lator Gators. I am off to wake up my muse!

2 comments:

  1. I am working on fixing a vintage quilt and my scrap stash is coming in handy. I have scraps from when I first started quilting and scraps that came from my SIL's aunt. So the scraps in my stash range from the 1940's to present day. I am learning a great lesson with this project - having bins of scraps is not at bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing fingers for the biopsy results to be perfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete