Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Stash Report 11/26/18

Warning-- long wordy post!,
Fabric IN This Week: 0 yards 
Fabric IN for November: 0 yards
Fabric IN YTD: 17 1/6 yards 
Fabric OUT This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Out for November: yards
Fabric OUT YTD: 6 11/12 yards
Reduction/Enhancement This Week:  yard
Reduction/Enhancement November: yard
Reduction/Enhancement YTD10 1/12  yards
     An enhancement of about 11 yards is fine considering how little I have been sewing or finishing in 2018. 
     DD #1's machine had to be taken apart and relocated due to her moving, but DD#1 doesn't know if/when the machine will be set up again due to space restrictions. She wants the Wedding Quilt to be a showcase piece for her new business, but was not totally happy with the look of the quilting so is planning on redoing certain parts. So WQ is in limbo!
   I am not fussing/stressing about WQ, since the last 9 months have included many big changes in DD#1's life and life style as it has in mine with more to come!  I know she will get WQ done even if on my dream machine if/when I get it. That machine will be my gift to myself for surviving this cancer!
    2019 will be better for DD#1 and hopefully for me! Those uneven log cabin blocks are easy using 2 1/2" strips combined with 1 1/2" strips so I may make one in royal/plum purple & white/pale yellow once I start piecing again.  The directions are saved somewhere! I think that would make for a better showcase item for a business called "The Plum Crazy Quilter."
     This morning, Sunday, DD#1 brought coffee and soup for me and is picking up various items for Jockey Lot sale table. DD#1 also gave me my sewing assignment for January. I am to make flat pouches, boxy pouches, and more wallets. 
     During the day, I am planning on working on GF 4 patches and watching football. It is raining now and I hope it won't effect DD#1 & DD#2's booths too much at Jockey Lot. 
    Saturday, the wallets that were cut out have been sewn. My cutting mat will have to be moved back next to the machine, since standing up for long periods is still iffy. I get light headed very quickly. Either my sugar levels are off or my blood pressure is too low.
     Glenda, after sweet talking/conning, is going to do the Bonnie Hunter Mystery with me.  As is usual, she groused about doing it (only doing it to encourage me to start piecing again) and then jumped in with 2 feet. She got the paint chips and pulled fabric! Yay, Glenda! I just pulled neutrals and reds. I'll give odds that she will make all the 4-patches by Monday. I love that woman...she makes me smile so hard. How I wish we were closer so I could con/sweet talk her into more mischief!
  The LSU game was a thriller. After 7 Overtime periods, those boys had to be tired. As far as I am concerned, both teams won. Just sorry score said LSU lost. The Sugar Bowl would have been nice Christmas present for Coach O.
    Friday, breakfast was turkey slices, banana pudding made by DD#1, AND A large soup cup of coffee milk like T-pop made when I was a child. Perfect breakfast when you are feeling weak and puny and don't have to worry about extra calories. It will put a bit of pep in your step!  OOPS! I forgot that sugar, protein, and caffeine have the opposite effect on me. I had to go take a midmorning nap!
  DD#3 & DD#4 are taking care of insurance claim filing for my extra Cancer policy. The pathology report must be located and sent to start filing. I have fantastic insurance (don't know how I managed that in this day and age). So far I have not had any bills sent to me but from other people's experiences that is not going to last. That extra money will go a long way towards easing my mind about being able to pay them.
     Friday morning BH gave her first clue for "Good Fortune" -- over 200 four patches in neutrals and reds. That is a bit dauting normally and now almost impossible, but then she suggested that you make a dozen or so to start. 12 isn't as impossible.  I will attempt this mystery b/c the colors really appeal to me.
     Thursday, Thanksgivings Day, we were visited by 3 daughters, 4 grandchildren, and 3 greatgrand children. All the grands who were in the area, but 3 brought or sent food to make sure DH and I had "sides." Those 3 helped shop or clean.  Our family may not seem close to most, but if something is needed suddenly ALL are involved.  I am very thankful for my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment