Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Questions







What is your quilting/piecing style?  Not ever traditional (requires too much precision) or modern nor contemporary. My style is scrappy. I love Bonnie Hunters style.
What do you do that adds to techniques chosen?
Color and the use of scraps in all areas.

What and who inspires you? Bonnie Hunter inspires me as does Charlotte Angotti. Their quilts use traditional blocks in unusual colors. My friend, Glenda Parks, is one of my biggest inspirations. There is nothing she won't try. She is an art and modern quilter. Her quilts inspire me constantly. I will never be a art quilter, since I truly believe quilts go on beds not walls.

What do you plan to do next? String quilts are something that I really want to explore. 
Right now my quilts have all been given away except my first log cabin and this illness makes piecing next to impossible but I am working my way around that soon.

1 comment:

  1. By the look of the scrap piles in my quilt room, I am about to love scrappy string quilts too!!! I don’t know how I generate so many scraps! When you get back to real time sewing again, we can collaborate on some scrappy strings.

    My Good Fortune quilt is languishing since I have three quilt commitments before mid March. I just need time!!!

    ReplyDelete